People with a stoma can have many concerns – fear of leakage, embarrassment about their body, worries about becoming a burden to family and friends. When these concerns stop people from doing the things they enjoy, it puts their quality of life at risk.
With Stoma-QoL, healthcare professionals now have a standard and a common language with which to assess quality of life for people with a stoma. You can use the tool to monitor quality of life over time in the same person – or compare quality of life between patients.
- Specifically designed for people with a stoma – all questions are based on input from people with a stoma
- Validated – tested in representative stoma populations in different countries
- Reliable – weighted to emphasise the issues that are most critical to the respondent’s quality of life
- Cross-cultural – translated into 16 languages
- Simple – the questionnaire only takes 5–10 minutes to complete
Download the tool here