We take your data protection rights seriously and are committed to acting in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
As part of the company's business activities, Coloplast Limited, company number 01094405, registered address at Nene Hall Lynchwood Park, Peterborough Business Park, Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, PE2 6FX ("Coloplast", “We”), collects and uses personal data.
What information do we collect and how is it collected?
Coloplast may collect information about you from various sources:
1. Information such as your name, address and telephone number may be collected from direct interactions with you (e.g., during meetings or via phone calls, which may be recorded with your consent).
2. Information such as your email address or information relating to your user profile may be collected when you visit our websites, exchange emails with us, use our online forms and services, or contact us on social media and other platforms. Coloplast may engage social media listening service providers in this respect.
3. Information from other sources such as hospitals and healthcare providers when requesting products for you.
Why do we collect information?
Coloplast processes personal data for a variety of purposes depending on the association we have with you. Please see the following examples:
1. We process information about contact persons (e.g. healthcare professionals) from our customers and partners to provide products and services, to comply with quality and safety requirements, and to maintain and improve our offerings.
2. We process information about our end users to provide products (e.g. when products are ordered by a hospital), to comply with quality and safety requirements, to provide samples or services to end users, and to maintain and improve our offerings.
3. We use information about job applicants to process job applications, to communicate about future job opportunities (if the applicant has agreed to receive information about future job opportunities), and to maintain and improve our recruitment processes.
4. We process information about people who have signed up for newsletters and other materials.
6. We process information about employees, for example bank details, which is necessary for the performance of our employment contracts.
If you want us to provide products, newsletters and other materials or want to apply for a job, we will need certain personal data to process your request. You are not required to provide this information, but we will not be able to process your request if you do not.
Coloplast complies with applicable data protection legislation, including the UK General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR") and the Data Protection Act 2018. Under the GDPR, the legal bases for Coloplast's collection and use of personal data for the above purposes is Article 6(1)(b) - the processing of data is necessary for the performance of a contract with you, (c) the processing of data is necessary to comply with a legal obligation and (f) the processing of data is necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests, for point no. 1, Article 6(1)(a) consent has been provided to process personal data, cf. Article 9(2)(a) explicit consent to process your special categories of personal data such as health data and (i) processing personal data is necessary for reasons of public interest, for point no. 2 and Article 6(1)(a) consent has been provided to process personal data , (b) the processing of data is necessary for the performance of a contract with you and (f) the processing of data is necessary for the establishment exercise or defence of legal claims, cf. Article 9(2)(a), explicit consent to process your special categories of personal data such as health data for points no. 3, 4 and 5.
We use your information to maintain and improve our offerings and processes by testing, analysing and compiling reports, statistics and market research to eliminate technical errors and to pursue our legitimate interests in maintaining and improving the quality of your user experience as well as our products, services and business.
Coloplast protects your personal data and will only allow it to be used for said purposes. Coloplast does not sell your personal data to third parties or send it to third parties for their exploitation. Coloplast does not use automated decision-making, such as profiling.
Who Uses the information?
The recipients of your personal data are employees of Coloplast who use the data responsibly for the specific purpose in question. Personal data is processed and shared only to the extent necessary. In some cases, the information is stored or processed by third-party data processors who assist Coloplast with a particular service, such as hosting and IT service providers, recruiters (in the case of job applicants), and logistics companies (if they need your information to distribute products or other materials to you). The third-party data processors only process the information in accordance with Coloplast's instructions and for Coloplast's purposes. They do not share the information with others, and they delete the information when their tasks are completed.
If public authorities request access to your information, we will make a legal assessment of the request, and if applicable law allows us to disclose the information, we will comply with the request. You will be notified in accordance with applicable law in the event of such disclosure of your information unless the disclosure is made to the NHS, in which case you will not be notified.
How long is the information retained?
Coloplast retains information for as long as it is relevant to the purposes for which it is used, unless applicable law requires us to retain it for a longer period of time. See the following examples:
1. If your information is used for the provision of products or services to you, we will generally retain the information until three (3) years after the last delivery or last interaction we have with you, unless applicable law requires us to delete it earlier or keep it for a longer period of time.
2. If your information is used to process job applications, we will not retain the information longer than six months after the end of the application process, unless you have agreed to receive information about future job opportunities or applicable law requires us to retain it for a longer period of time.
3. If your information is used to send newsletters or other promotional materials on the basis of your consent, we will keep the information until you withdraw your consent.
How we use the transfer of information safely
Coloplast and its hosting providers maintain servers around the world, and your information may be processed on servers located outside the country or region where you live. Data protection laws vary between countries, with some providing more protection than others. Regardless of where your information is processed, we apply the same safeguards as described in this policy.
Coloplast is ISO 27001 accredited and has adopted Binding Corporate Rules pursuant to Article 47 of the GDPR to protect personal data within the Coloplast Group, and we also apply other legal frameworks, such as standard data protection provisions adopted by the European Commission, when required in our cooperation with third-party data processors (e.g. EU Standard Contractual Clauses and Transfer Impact Assessments).
What are your rights as a data subject?
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights with regard to the personal data we process about you:
• Right of access
You have the right to access the information that we process about you.
• Right to rectification
You have the right to rectify any incorrect information that we process about you.
• Right to erasure
In certain situations, you have the right to have your information deleted before the general time of deletion in accordance with our storage rules.
•Right to restrict processing
In certain situations, you have the right to restrict our processing of your information. In such cases, we are only entitled – in addition to storage – to process such data for the purpose of handling legal claims, to protect the rights of another natural person or for reasons of substantial public interest.
•Right to withdraw consent
In certain situations, Coloplast may collect and use your personal data on the basis of your explicit consent. If this is the case, you have received a specific written notice from Coloplast containing additional information. You have the right to withdraw this consent at any time and Coloplast will then cease to use personal data.
•Right to object
In certain situations, you have the right to object to our processing of your information.
•Right to data portability
In certain situations, you have the right to receive your information in a structured, commonly used format and have it transferred to a third party upon your request.
If you wish to exercise your rights, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For other inquiries or questions regarding the use of your information, please refer to the How to Contact Us section below.
In the event that you are dissatisfied with our processing of your personal data, you may lodge a complaint with Coloplast's Data Protection Officer. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority. In the UK, the relevant authority is the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House ,Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, Tel: 0303 123 1113 (“ICO”). You can read more about the ICO at https://ico.org.uk/, where you can also access the guidance on data subjects' rights.
How to contact us
The Coloplast companies that use your information are data controllers. Click here to find contact information for the Coloplast companies in the different countries. Coloplast A/S acts as a representative for all Coloplast companies that must appoint a representative pursuant to Article 27 of the GDPR.
Coloplast has appointed a Data Protection Officer for its group of companies. Enquiries to the Group DPO shall be addressed to:
Att.: Group Data Protection Officer
Updates and legal information